The successful candidate should be a visible leader with superior presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with various types of business leaders, political leaders, and community members. The ideal candidate will understand the value of and have the skills to create and enhance relationships with the City of Round Rock, the school district, the county, our state representatives, our federal government representatives as well as community and regional stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have experience in strategic planning, policy development, membership retention, economic development, and fundraising. Effective implementation including budget development and management is essential for this position.
· Responsible for revenue growth of the Chamber through traditional investment (i.e., members) and the Momentum Campaign (the Chamber’s five-year economic development strategy that aims to create jobs and wealth in the Round Rock community).
· Responsible for developing and implementing both the annual business plan and the long-range strategic plan that currently includes the 8 Pillars of Economic Generation (Business Retention and Expansion, Business Attraction, Economic Data, Business Climate, Entrepreneurship, Infrastructure, Talent Development and Chamber Enrichment).
· Responsible for hiring, development, supervision, and leadership of the Chamber team. Setting the tone for the team is crucial.
· Responsible for developing the annual budget in coordination with Chamber staff and the Board.
· Responsible for the development and communication of public policy positions as approved by the Board.
· Responsible for the execution of the Chamber policies as established by the Board of Directors.
A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, law, public administration or closely related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
Certification: Certified Chamber Executive and/or Certified Economic Developer is preferred.
A demonstrated commitment to continued professional development through the U.S. Chamber Institute for Organization Management is desired.
About Jorgenson Consulting
With over 25 years' of experience, Jorgenson Consulting is a leading national executive search firm serving organizations in non-profit, economic and community development organizations.
BACK TO TOP
ACCE JobWatch is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ACCE has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ACCE JobWatch.