The Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce, one of the largest business membership organizations in Maine, seeks a visionary and operational leader to continue to build on the organization’s achievements and to successfully lead the organization into the future.
The CEO provides overall leadership and maintains a collaborative partnership with the Regional Board; Presidents’ Council; five community chamber boards; PROPEL, the young professionals group; business members and chamber staff, as well as with the communities and other leaders in the region. The CEO maximizes engagement ensuring the achievement of the organizational mission and its associated goals. This position reports to the Portland Regional Chamber Board of Directors and is responsible for:
- Advocacy and Economic Betterment
- Financial Management
- Community Chamber Relations
- Management and Governance
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
Preferred qualifications include:
• Documented success in providing leadership to an organization at the senior management level with a strong history of exceeding established goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability within a membership-based organization to articulate value and increase and retain members.
• Skilled in communicating and advancing the organizational vision and mission to the membership, prospective members, community leaders and the public.
• Proven ability in building and leading collaborative efforts to facilitate area economic betterment and associated community buy-in.
• Proven experience in representing an organization through advocacy, public speaking and public relations.
• Skilled in fiscal management, including developing and controlling budgets, forecasting and cost control.
• Skilled in fundraising and in recruiting event and organizational sponsorships.
• Demonstrated successful experience in full cycle program management, resulting in significant organizational impact.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively within a multi-faceted organization and with senior management in business, educational, nonprofit and community environments.
• Proven sales, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated background in human resources, including recruiting, selecting, training, mentoring, supervising and evaluating professional and support staff.
• Proficient in strategic planning and serving as an organizational catalyst to implement and evaluate that process.
• Hold designation as Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) from Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.
The Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce has partnered with Port Professional Staffing LLC as the Executive Search Consultant for this CEO role. All candidate applications and inquiries will be routed to Port Professional Staffing LLC.
Confidentiality Statement: All responses are considered highly confidential and we do not share or distribute applicant information with external parties, unless properly court mandated. Any information supplied by candidates may be shared with our CEO Search Committee and for final candidates, with our Regional Board of Directors.