This highly motivated leader and visionary will be a self-starter, skillful communicator, and a community advocate desiring to lead a strong team as they work with and support the chamber executive team and board members in serving business leaders in the twin counties of Nash and Edgecombe.
The Chamber President & CEO must have the credentials and leadership to advance the mission, vision, and strategic plan approved by the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The President & CEO of the Chamber will operate in a high profile role and must be capable of strengthening and expanding the strong alliances with key businesses, elected officials, community leaders, educational leaders and the chamber membership.
- Provide overall strategic initiative, leadership, vision, management and operational direction to create and sustain a healthy economic climate.
- Experience establishing positive and proactive communications with and among the Board of Directors with regard to strategic plans, policies and programs, and incentives designed to achieve the Chamber’s goals.
- Formulate programs that attract and retain members and motivate them to support the Chamber’s mission and program of work.
Program Design and Management
- Formulate sound administrative, fiscal, and operational policies and procedures to support an effective operation.
- Address and resolve problems while maintaining productive and positive relationships with the membership; community leaders; volunteers; Chamber staff; Board members; State organizations; industry members, legislators and the media.
- Monitor the community’s needs and translate them into programs in relation to the Chamber’s long-range goals.
- Develop the internal and community leadership structure along with the voluntary manpower to see the programs accomplished
Revenue and Expenses
- Oversee the Chamber’s finances, including budget preparation, monitoring, and reporting.
Liaison with Others
- With the Chairman of the Board, the President & CEO prepares statements of Chamber position on public issues; and with the Chair, acts as the official spokesperson for the Chamber.
- The President must maintain positive relationships with other area Chamber organizations as well as state and national business organizations to facilitate the coordination of activities and exchange ideas.
- Through personal contacts with key community leaders, the President & CEO helps to relate Chamber activities to the activities of all other groups focused on improving the economic and civic life of the community. The position represents the Chamber in meetings of local, state and national organizations and continually promotes the Chamber’s mission.
Work Planning and Staff Supervision
- Determine the staffing complement and recruit, hire, train, and inspire staff.
- Directly supervises the staff managers and through them all program, operational and administrative functions.
- Create an environment in which staff development is encouraged for all employees so that they are appropriately trained for their respective jobs.