The Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce is a proven business advocate at the local, regional and state level. We work to foster a strong and sustainable regional economy. Walla Walla is a growing tourist destination and is known for an abundance of sunshine, a warm and dry climate, over 150 wineries, an award winning downtown, parks, trails and many activities for the outdoor enthusiast.
The new CEO/President will be the “face” of the chamber and must have a proven ability to build and maintain strong alliances with peer organizations, elected officials and community leaders. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated senior leadership in a comparable membership organization, overseeing and working in close collaboration with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and alliances with a broad range of constituents. Experienced in collaborating with government, legislative, public policy and business leaders.
- Ability to build real value for members, balancing the tangible and intangible products and services designed to maintain and grow membership.
- Developing and managing annual budgets that are aligned to the strategic goals of the organization. Ensuring financial soundness, transparency and a balanced annual budget.
- Ability to be a positive face of the Chamber, serving as spokesperson and advocate for the business community.
Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. The Chamber is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Successful candidates will pass a pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check.
Position is open until filled - first review is Friday, May 5th, 2017
Serious candidates please submit a cover letter, resume and references to:
C/O Express Employment Professionals
115 S 3rd Ave
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org