Project Director, Adult Education Block Grant (Grants) - District
Riverside Community College District
Application Deadline: 04/13/2017
Department: Grants (D)
Position Type: Classified Management/Supervisor
Physical location of the position: District
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade R
Salary Amount: 79,786 - 97,137
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? Yes
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through: December 31, 2018 with the possibility of extension pending funding
Under the supervision of the area administrator, supervises, coordinates and provides leadership for the successful day-to-day implementation of Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG).
Provides supervision and direction to assigned classified staff, short-term employees and student workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be: A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND at least four years' experience in program management focused in education and training. A Master's degree is preferred. Degree(s) in an area commonly taught at a community college are desired. Experience in managing federal grants, especially those from the AEBG, is also preferred.
• Career and technical education, apprenticeship, basic skills and employment trends within the community colleges;
• Trends in Adult Education and other AEBG high impact practices;
• Outreach efforts to adult education students;
• The community college mission;
• Effective allocation of resources;
• Commonly used word processing and electronic spreadsheet software.
• Represent the AEBG to business, industry, college constituencies and the community;
• Exercise judgment and initiative;
• Work effectively with college/district faculty, administrators, staff, students and adult education administrators, maintaining a friendly, supportive atmosphere;
• Maintain an understanding of current ideas, research, and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position, through continued study and participation in AEBG Consortium, AEBG webinars and related conferences.
• Effective project management and time management;
• Strong initiative, innovative thinking and adaptability;
•Team building, leadership and organizational.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must have and demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Individuals with the AEBG Consortium, specifically the AEBG Consortium Director, the adult education school principals and faculty, college faculty, district and college administrators and staff, business and industry partners, government agencies, and the community at large.
Employee works in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employee may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES (Illustrative Only):
1. Oversees all elements of grant project; provides leadership and ensures accomplishment of project objectives.
2. Facilitates, oversees, and coordinates implementation of activities of the grant.
3. Facilitates and oversees implementation of effective and objective external project evaluation.
4. Supervises and evaluates staff involved in AEBG activities.
5. Attends Consortium meetings; meets regularly with Adult Education School principals and others as needed; and keeps college/district administration apprised of grant progress, successes, and concerns.
6. Assumes responsibility for project budget, approving expenditures, ensuring appropriate use of AEBG funds.
7. Oversees project reporting, including fiscal, activity, and technical reports for Riverside Community College District and the AEBG.
8. Maintains effective communication to ensure project's congruence with institutional goals.
9. Remains current regarding AEBG policies, grant terms, and conditions to ensure project compliance throughout the grant's period.
10. Completes and submits budget and activity reports; meets all grant deadlines and submits all required reports to the AEBG Consortium Director by specified due dates.
11. Participates in District-sponsored in-service programs.
12. Performs other related responsibilities as may be assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a Classified Management position. Paid vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, located at 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m./Monday-Friday, with periodic evening and weekend events and assignments.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: On or After May 17, 2017
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
* It is anticipated that priority screening will occur on or after April 13, 2017. Interviews will occur sometime during the 3rd week of April, 2017.
* Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency