Plans, organizes, directs, and controls Dixon Chamber of Commerce/Main Street services; develops and promotes products for members and sponsors; and responds to the needs of its members and sponsors within available and agreed upon financial resources. Provides oversight and coordination of Dixon marketing, tourism, event planning, and business development while carrying out organization objectives and financial goals.
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, dynamic, accountable, and measured
- Demonstrated professionalism with a strong work ethic
- Self-starter who is capable of validating past management experience
- Knowledge of business and community development best practices; historic preservation knowledge desired
- High-degree of professional acumen, including strong customer service and communicative skills
- Desire to provide quality over quantity and to convey realistic, yet progressively positive, outcomes consistent with the expectations of the Board of Directors, community stakeholders, and businesses directly supporting the program
- Commitment to improving the community by working with businesses, volunteers, Lee County Board, City Council and Mayor’s office, non-profits, and community stakeholders
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
The duties listed below are illustrative of the types of work to be performed; other duties will be necessary and assigned.
- Works with the Board of Directors and committees to define goals, objectives, and work plans
- Oversees all programs and events of the organization
- Supervises staff and other personnel, including independent contractors and interns
- Manages the administrative aspects of the organization, which include record keeping, budget development and reconciliation, bills and purchasing, answering emails and phone calls, preparing meeting agendas and packets, managing websites and social media, and producing press releases and informational flyers
- Works with developers and building owners and identifies and recruits potential retailers and/or restaurants
- Builds strong and productive relationships with public agencies, non-profits, and other community groups
- Works with local media to promote and cover special events
- Determines and implements business trainings/seminars to members and staff
- Leads retention and revitalization efforts for Dixon businesses
- Represents Dixon at the state and national level for the Chamber of Commerce/Main Street
- Works with local government entities and other agencies to maximize business opportunities and tourism