Job Description Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer of the Chamber • Manage the day to day operations for successful delivery of services, programs and events • Work with businesses and local leaders to support the city and county’s economic development initiatives • Oversee and maintain positive working relationships with local, county and state elected officials in order to successfully carry out the goals of the organization • Strategize and Implement the Chamber’s annual plan and budget • Ensure adequate staffing levels and manage all staff • Participate in community and business outreach programs and motivate others to volunteer • Provide direction on membership development and marketing programs to affirm stability and growth • Optimize Board participation, plan Board meetings and activities and provide professional insight to the development and execution of Board policies
• Successful completion of US Chamber Institute for Organization (IOM), or equivalent certification (such as CEcD Certification from IEDC) • 5 years of previous documented progressively responsible experience in Chamber or association management with both community engagement and hands-on budget management responsibilities • Excellent oral and written communication skills; organizational skills; computer and social media skills; and sound financial management practices and accountability • Experience in collaborating with government officials at various levels and regional economic development partners will be considered as a significant plus in the candidates background
Additional Salary Information: Performance bonus for fiscal and membership growth performance
• Organized in 1912, currently serving over 900 business members in the greater Delray Beach, FL area
• Annual budget of $1,000,000 (membership, community partnership, sponsorship & special event revenue)
• 25 member board with an 8 member executive committee
• 4 year-old facility leased from the City of Delray Beach in the heart of the most dynamic downtown in all of Palm Beach County.